Thursday, April 20, 2006

Off to Beantown...

to shill my book to the chowderheads. Hey I love Boston, having gone to school there and worked there, but seriously that accent is for the birds. And what's with that macho obsession with baseball? Must be some homoerotic symbolism, you know the bat and the balls. Lol!

I have mixed feelings about this stop on the book whore tour. I mean this is my element politically. High taxes, inept bureaucracy, drunk Irishmen, hunky/brainy students what's not to love? But there really are no customers for my books in Boston. I mean I haven't met one Latina there that wasn't working for housekeeping in a hotel. They're fine and all but they aren't the type of people that spend $24 on an ENGLISH hard cover book.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I'll report back later.

Many hugs,

Not Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez

No comments: